|Job Title||Registered Nurse – Wound Care/Hyperbaric Therapy (Part Time) **CROSS TRAINING AVAILABLE**|
|Company||Blake Medical Center|
|Description||Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to teach resident physicians directly onsite at our hospital. Blake Medical Center is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®.
Position Summary: The Wound Care/Hyperbarics RN is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of wound care/hyperbaric therapy for the in/out-patient population of patients at Blake Medical Center. The RN will educate patients/family members and nurses/staff to promote skin and wound care, healing, and the prevention of infection. The RN will administer medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
• Current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida.
• Current certifications as a BLS/ACLS Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association.
• Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
• Previous Critical Care RN experience required.
• Prior training & experience in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Therapy desired (not required).
• Current Wound Care and/or Hyperbaric Therapy certification desired (not required).
• Experience with management of ventilators and vasopressor medications desired.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
With more than 30 hospitals to choose from, HCA of North & West Florida is a growing, stable system with all the rewards of working in community hospitals. We have more training opportunities, more advancement potential, and an impressive range of benefits. That's what you get with us, more opportunities, more rewards, more chances to make a difference.
To learn more about our network of hospitals and apply, please visit www.BlakeMedicalCenter.com and reference requisition #00309-7500.
|Contact Name||Rhonda Sapia|