|Job Title||Senior Hyperbaric Tech of Wound Care|
|Company||Orlando Health Central Hospital|
|Description||Orlando Health Central Hospital, located in Ocoee, FL, is currently seeking an experienced Hyperbaric Tech, Sr./Safety Specialist to work in the Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center. Wound Care, Hyperbaric and/or Critical Care experience highly preferred.
Health Central Hospital, a member of Orlando Health's family of hospitals, serves the West Orange community. It is comprised of a Joint Commission accredited, acute care hospital and physician offices which includes an Emergency Center, Rehabilitation Services for inpatient and outpatient occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy and a complete Surgical Suite that includes seven operating rooms and an outpatient center for diagnostic testing. It also incorporates Health Central Park, a long-term care and rehabilitation facility, ExpressCare, an urgent care walk-in clinic, a state-of-the-art Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine Center and extensive outpatient services. The hospital is also recognized as a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Receiving Center.
NOTE: Full Time. Day shift.
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements: Completion of UHMS (Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society) approved Hyperbaric Safety Program. Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education as appropriate. Maintains current Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT). Basic Life Support certification. Three (3) years patient care experience, including two (2) years prior HBO experience required. Five (5) years patient care experience highly preferred.
The Hyperbaric Tech administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostic testing to patients under the supervision of a hyperbaric physician. All therapeutic and diagnostic modalities will be ordered by the hyperbaric physician.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Administration of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by Wound Healing Center's medical provider.
• Operates and maintains the hyperbaric chambers and associated systems and equipment.
• Oversees full compliance with safety regulations according to the codes and standards of the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA 99) and the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Association (UHMS).
• Ensures all safety requirements on a daily basis, including patient education to the benefits, risks, contraindications, and safety issues of hyperbaric oxygen therapy before treatment.
• Inspect the patient prior to the commencement of each hyperbaric oxygen treatment to ensure all safety standards are being met.
• Assists in the delivery of patient care appropriate to the level of his/her medical training.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients.
• Ascertain that the patient’s diagnosis is one of the appropriate approved disorders for hyperbaric oxygen therapy, and that said diagnosis is clearly entered on the patient's charts/records.
• Able to participate in basic wound care, measurements, assessment and evaluation, wound care products selection, and computer documentation.
• Completes patient hyperbaric treatment charges and schedules patient treatment times in coordination with medical provider's schedule.
• Able to safely set up and perform transcutaneous tissue oximetry as ordered.
• Participates in patient review meetings to assess for hyperbaric oxygen indicators.
|Job Link||http://www.jobsatorlandohealth.com/ Job ID: 135577|