|Job Title||Certified Hyperbaric Tech of Wound Care|
|Company||Orlando Health Central Hospital|
|Description||Orlando Health Central Hospital, located in Ocoee, FL, is currently seeking an experienced Hyperbaric Technician to work in the Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center. Wound Care, Hyperbaric and/or Critical Care experience highly preferred.
Health Central Hospital, a member of Orlando Health's family of hospitals, serves the West Orange community. It is comprised of a Joint Commission accredited, acute care hospital and physician offices which includes an Emergency Center, Rehabilitation Services for inpatient and outpatient occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy and a complete Surgical Suite that includes seven operating rooms and an outpatient center for diagnostic testing. It also incorporates Health Central Park, a long-term care and rehabilitation facility, ExpressCare, an urgent care walk-in clinic, a state-of-the-art Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine Center and extensive outpatient services. The hospital is also recognized as a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Receiving Center.
NOTE: Pool (Work as Needed). Day shift.
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements: High School Diploma. Current license or certification is required in one of the following areas: National Board of Respirator Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist; Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician; LPN/LVN; RN; EMT; Certified Hyperbaric Technologist. Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider Certification. Two (2) years’ experience in healthcare to include prior HBO experience.
The Hyperbaric Tech administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostic testing to patients under the supervision of a hyperbaric physician. All therapeutic and diagnostic modalities will be ordered by the hyperbaric physician.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of the policies and procedures of Hyperbaric Medicine.
• Performs transcutaneous oxygen monitoring testing as ordered and per departmental policy.
• Ascertain that the patient’s diagnosis is one of the appropriate approved disorders for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, and that said diagnosis is clearly entered on the patient’s charts/records.
• Implements the physician’s orders as indicated by the patient’s treatment plan.
• Educates patient and/or patient’s family as to the benefits, risks, contraindications, and safety issues of hyperbaric oxygen therapy before treatment.
• Performs blood glucose monitoring as ordered and indicated by patient diagnosis.
• Inspects the patient prior to the commencement of each Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy session to ensure all safety standards are being adhered to, i.e. 100% cotton attire, no makeup, no hairspray, etc.
• Performs the hyperbaric treatments and monitor the patient during therapy.
• Performs dressing changes and/or wound care within scope of practice, as ordered and participate in clinic when HBO volumes are below par.
• Takes serial photographs of the wound for reporting of the patient’s progress.
• Evaluates the patient outcome and meet with the manager and the hyperbaric physician to discuss patient treatment and adjust treatment as necessary.
• Consults with hyperbaric physician regarding any adverse reactions.
• Documents treatment notes and maintains patient treatment/diagnostic records.
• Completes the patient’s treatment charges, if required.
• Performs quality control daily on department glucometer, or as required by policy.
• Cleans and maintains the equipment according to infection control standards.
• Maintains continuous quality improvement duties and chart audits.
• Answers telephone inquiries and schedule patient treatment times.
• Performs marketing duties as needed, intra- and interdepartmental.
• Performs an inventory check, and maintains a record of supplies and laundry items.
• Maintains equipment and checks backup air and oxygen supplies on a daily basis.
• Performs data entry in the Wound Information Data System and collate reports as requested by the director.
• Participates in New Patient Reviews to assess for HBO indicators.
|Job Link||http://www.jobsatorlandohealth.com/ Job ID: 136314|